Super simple - YOU can make them in the MORNING- muffins

I find it difficult to find something satisfying for everyone on school days. My son, if he had his druthers, would eat mid-morning and is, instead, forced to eat before school. My daughter, well, she likes variety, eating a different breakfast almost daily. What they both have in common is often needing something quick to eat that can travel with them. These very simple banana muffins are great with a piece of fruit on the drive to school.

Since I am not organized and lack the desire to prepare lunches at night, I wake early to get them ready. When I have browning bananas, I add these to the day. I preheat the oven as soon as I wake. I mix the batter and put them into bake while I make lunches. They are so simple that by the time the kids make it downstairs, the muffins are ready to roll.

Super Simple YOU can make them in the MORNING muffins!

1/3 cup melted margarine
about 3 soft bananas
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, to your liking

Preheat your oven to 375. Place muffin wrappers into your muffin tins - this recipe makes 12.

Melt margarine in the microwave - cover to avoid splatter. Let it sit.

Throw bananas into your KitchenAid or other mixer. Mash the bananas and slowly add the sugar. Add the egg and blend well. Now, add your dry ingredients while the mixer is on low. Finally, add the margarine. Once the batter is smooth, remove mixing bowl from mixer. Now, with a rubber spatula, stir in the chocolate chips to your liking.

Use a ice cream scoop to neatly scoop batter into the muffin tins. Place in the oven for about 18 minutes. Let them cool for a couple of minutes. They will stay nicely in a sealed container for a couple of days, but only if they last that long. YUM!

No comments: