Traveling with Kids: by air

Traveling with children can seem daunting! With these tips, many of which come from Good2Know readers, you can travel with ease.

Before you Go!: Organization is a must for traveling with children happily. I modified the Disney World Ultimate Packing checklist which you can download to fit your travel plans. There are many others online that you might enjoy. My mother taught me to call 1-888-428-1888 for fraud prevention on all of my credit cards prior to travel. This way your credit card company knows where you are and where charges should be coming from while you are away. I've learned to pack my children's clothing by outfit. I place each complete outfit in a large zip top bag. If you have any special needs, including food allergies, and are flying be sure to check with the airline prior to booking your flight.

Air Travel: If your heading out-of-town by plane, be sure to pack lollipops to help prevent ear pain. Our kids are currently loving Yummy Earth lollipops which are delicious, contain none of the BIG 8 allergens and no GMOs, food coloring or corn syrup! If your child is too young for pops, try the Baby Safe Feeder. You can place ice cubes into the net bag and baby can enjoy safely this cold treat which is also great for teething. Just be sure they wear a bib. We are quite cautious on airplanes due to food allergies, but I think our precautions can make any family's trip safer, healthier and cleaner. First, we wipe everything down with Clorex wipes in a travel pack. You'd be amazed a the dirt that shows up on the wipe. We cover our seats with Plane Sheets. We cover our tray tables with Table Topper disposable place mats. It may sound like a lot of preparation, but I am positive it prevents illness and makes for a cleanlier flight. Of course, we bring on lots of snacks and age appropriate games, toys and DVD's. Since my kids were young, I have either bought new flight activities or borrowed something from friends.

More Good2Know travel ideas to come soon like how to make it through a long trip by car!

No comments: