Simple Dessert a Kid Can Make...ItsGood2Know

Ummm...ice cream! I have pictures eating these Ice Cream Pies from my 17th birthday. I think I made 3 different ones and they were each yummy. On holiday weekends or all summer, ice cream pies are a tasty treat. I made one today with my 9 year old son who has become a real ace in the kitchen. All you need is 1.5 containers of your favorite flavor ice cream, a pre-made graham cracker crust pie shell and your favorite toppings.
Let the ice cream sit on your counter to soften. Take the plastic off the shell and carefully plop the ice cream into the shell using the softest parts first. If you wish, add some chocolate syrup or caramel along the way. With a spatula, gently form the ice cream to fit into the shell mounding towards the center. Once done, you might be a bit sticky, add the syrups or sprinkles as you wish. Cover with the plastic top and return to the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours. Enjoy!

No comments: