Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere

When I wrote my Summer Survival Tips article I had just bought gigantic bubble tubes for the kids. We still enjoy bubbles even at 9 and 6. I mean, who doesn't. Then, last week we went to the New San Diego Children's Museum for the first time. On their upstairs balcony they had a large bubble space complete with homemade wands made of pipecleaners! What a nifty idea! Huge bubbles (I'll add a photo soon)! Here is a link to my piece on bubbles that includes other ideas on how to use no cost materials from home to produce great COLORFUL bubbles. Here is a recipe to make your own bubble mix: 2/3 cup Joy dishwashing soap, 1 gallon water and 2 to 3 tablespoons of glycerin which is sold at the pharmacy -- I tend to think a solution made fresh makes better bubbles. Hint: I watched the 'bubble guy" at the musuem. He was so relaxed and I honestly think that's why his bubbles were so incredible. So, be ONE with the BUBBLES! ItsGood2Know!

No comments: