In the Kitchen

We received an ice cream maker for our anniversary. Actually, we first received the attachment for the Kitchen Aid (which by the way is one machine every kitchen that cooks needs!) that would allow us to make ice cream, but after some hunting around, I decided the Cuisinart maker was a better deal. First, if you look around, you can find one that come with a free second bowl (thus allowing you to make a second batch immediately following the first). I chose the red one and experimented with my daughter (age 5) and her friend yesterday. We made lime sherbet and vanilla ice cream! Let me tell you this is absolutely delicious, took only 30 minutes tops and all the children here thought it was the best they'd ever tasted. Next week, we'll try some with mix-ins.

The reason I add this to my list of Good2Know In the Kitchen is that we're now able to make delicious, healthy (or not) ice cream, sorbet, etc without preservatives, added colors et al. And... for those of us with children who have food allergies, this allows me to know exactly what's in there! Now that is Good2Know!

No comments: